Thursday, January 26, 2012

Should I buy a Nexus One to Have Android on AT&T?

I need a new phone and am stuck on AT%26amp;T because of my family plan. I'm not due for an upgrade and would have to pay full price on a phone. I really like and want Android but of course AT%26amp;T prefers the iPhone, which is nice but still expensive and I'd still have to renew my plan for 2 more years. Also, AT%26amp;T offers only one sub-prime Android phone, the Backflip. Google offers their Android phone, the Nexus One, online and has an AT%26amp;T compatible version but is also expensive.



Should I splurge on the Nexus One or the iPhone or pay no commitment pricing on the Backflip?Should I buy a Nexus One to Have Android on AT%26amp;T?
In the long run, getting a phone like the nexus one will be beneficial. Whenever you buy a phone with a contract from any cellular provider, the price of the phone is subsidized (discounted) so you will pay the majority of the phone in your phone bill. That's how companies can give out a phone for free even when you go to the manufacturer's site and find out it's still sells for $100-200+ without a contract.



Getting the nexus one will be nice since:

1) It's one of the most customizable phone os

2) Will get new os updates like 2.2 froyo!



On the other hand, the upcoming iPhone with iPhone OS 4 looks really nice and will finally have multitasking among other things. Plus it's rumored to have the capabilities to record video at 720p.



But either way, if you get a new phone with AT%26amp;T, don't bother getting a Backflip, it's a waste of effort on motorolaShould I buy a Nexus One to Have Android on AT%26amp;T?
It depends.



If you want a good screen size and speed then I would go for the Nexus One.

If you don't mind a small screen but you want a QWERTY keyboard then get the Backflip.

No comments:

Post a Comment